Anaphylaxis and Epipen Training
This course is suitable for any person who is involved in the administration of drugs and needs to be aware of the diagnosis and treatment of anaphylactic reactions. We offer nation-wide coverage, delivered by a registered health professional.
What is anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis is an extreme and severe allergic reaction. The whole body is affected, often within minutes of exposure to the allergen but sometimes after hours.
What can cause anaphylaxis?
Common causes include foods such as peanuts, tree nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts, cashews, Brazils), sesame, fish, shellfish, dairy products and eggs. Non-food causes include wasp or bee stings, natural latex (rubber), penicillin or any other drug or injection. In some people, exercise can trigger a severe reaction – either on its own or in combination with other factors such as food or drugs (e.g. aspirin).
What are the symptoms?
- generalised flushing of the skin
- nettle rash (hives) anywhere on the body
- sense of impending doom
- swelling of throat and mouth
- difficulty in swallowing or speaking
- alterations in heart rate
- severe asthma
- abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting
- sudden feeling of weakness (drop in blood pressure)
- collapse and unconsciousness
Anaphylaxis and Epipen Training For those working in an environment with people who suffer from anaphylaxis in their care (taught by a healthcare professional)
- Accident prevention (understanding the difference between an intolerance and allergy)
- Recording accidents and incidents
- Planning for emergencies
- Communication and casualty care
- Unconscious casualty management
- Resusciation Recognising and responding to:
- Allergic reactions
- Anaphylaxis – signs, symptom and treatment
- Auto-injector – Anapen, Jextpen and Epipen
- Primary Survey
2 / 2.5 hours approximately.
How to book this course:
To book a course or discuss your requirements message us
“A fantastic course…we are very confident that should we need to use the Epipen, all our members of staff know how to do so. Brilliant value…covered a lot more information then I anticipated” Keren’s Nursery (London)
“Knowledgeable, informative course, relevant to our everyday jobs. An excellent course.” S.Maker (Cambridgeshire Football Association)